Monday, July 29, 2013

DIY Dishwasher Soap!




















This is such an easy money saver!!  It uses ingredients I already have around the house which is very helpful!  Double or triple the recipe to have a nice supply on hand. One note...be sure to use a good rinse agent.  Either a store bought kind, or my personal favorite....plain white vinegar! Super cheap and super effective! Now that's my kind of cleaner!  If you do not use vinegar as a rinse aid trying pouring in a dab with the dishes.  It helps the soap dissolve thoroughly you do not have any spots on your glasses.

 What you will need:

 A large container (I used a canning jar, but anything sturdy with an airtight lid should work...think empty butter or ice cream container....or ?? Use your imagination, anything lying around the house is frugal!).
Borax (I prefer 20 Mule Team brand, great quality and easy to find)
Washing Soda (DO NOT confuse with baking soda, you will find this at most grocery stores in the laundry detergent aisle...pictured is Arm & Hammer brand, not picky on brands but I do like this one for most of my cleaners)
Salt ( I use sea salt for everything as pictured, use what you have)
Measuring Cup(s) (one 1 cup and 1 1/2 cup)
Spoon (nothing fancy, just to mix it!)

Alright, first of all, depending on how much you will be making, it may be easier to measure it all out and mix in a mixing bowl.

For one batch, combine 1 Cup Borax, 1 Cup Washing Soda, and 1/2 Cup Salt. Mix well.

To use, add 1 to 2 Tablespoons for each load. No need to fill the soap dispensers in the dishwasher.

Hope you like this recipe as much as I do and remember the note above about the rinse agent....otherwise you will not be as pleased with the results! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment